This is a trade promotion. Please review the terms and conditions appearing below before submitting your entry and participating in the SEMA Tool Box Giveaway (“Giveaway”) described below. By submitting entries Participant agrees to accept and be bound by all the terms and conditions set forth in the Official Rules without any modification or reservation. Should Participant disagree with any or all of the terms and conditions below or desire not to be bound by them, or is not eligible DO NOT PARTICIPATE in the Giveaway in any manner.
1. SPONSOR: Snap-on Equipment, located at 2801 80th Street, Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA (“Sponsor”) is sponsoring the Giveaway.
2. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
3. GIVEAWAY PERIOD:All entries must be received by Sponsor at the Snap-on TSS (Total Shop Solutions) booth at the Event (defined below) where applicable, beginning on October 31, 2017, at 6:00:01 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) and ending on November 4, 2017, at 5:59:59 P.M. PDT (“Giveaway Period”). Sponsor is the official timekeeper for the Giveaway.
3. THE EVENT: SEMA Show (“SEMA”), Event, at the Las Vegas Convention Center, 3150 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89109 “(Event”).
4. ELIGIBILITY: The Giveaway is open and offered to Event attendees that have registered for SEMA and are legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or Canada, excluding Quebec residents, who are at least the age of majority in their state, province, or territory of residence as of the date of entry (“Participants”). Employees, representative, agents, officers and directors of Sponsor, its parent and each of its affiliates (as used in these Official Rules, “affiliate” means any legal entity controlling, controlled by, or under common control with a party), subsidiaries, independent representatives, franchisees, advertising, public relations and sweepstakes/Giveaway agencies, Webmasters/suppliers as well as members of the immediate family (spouse, children, siblings, parents) of any of the above and those domiciled (whether or not related) with any of the above are ineligible to enter. To the extent a Participant is participating during working hours, each Participant warrants and represents that Participant’s employer’s policy permits participating and accepting prizes in trade Giveaways. By participating, each Participant agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding in all respects. Entries which do not conform to these Official Rules will be disqualified, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Void where prohibited.
5. ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period.
6. TO ENTER: Participants must register for SEMA and attend the Event. An eligible Participant must obtain a Snap-on Passport SEMA book (“Passport”) from their Participating Franchisee prior to the Event or by requesting one at the SEMA reception desk. The Participant must visit the Snap-on TSS booth during five (5) of the eight (8) demonstrations and must watch, listen, or participate in a demonstration at any of the designated Stamp areas. There will be eight (8) demonstrations, scheduled at the Sponsor’s discretion, in which a Participant can receive a Stamp. In order for Participant to be eligible to submit an entry for the Grand Prize (defined below), Participant must turn in their Passport that contains at least five (5) stamps, and must include Participant’s information, which includes (1) Participant name, (2) Participant address, (3) Participant phone number, and check the box to release personal information on the back of the Passport. (B) Alternate Entry: As an alternative form of entry, a Participant may enter the Giveaway by submitting an entry form while attending the Event, and must include (1) Participant name, (2) Participant address, (3) Participant phone number, (4) a short essay, six or more sentences that explain why the Participant is interested in the demonstration. Once a qualifying entry for the Grand Prize is submitted, the Participant will receive one entry in the Grand Prize Giveaway. Participants may only enter one (1) Passport.
7. PRIZES/WINNING: All Participants submitting a valid Passport, or via alternate entry, within the Giveaway Period, with five (5) stamps to Sponsor will receive one (1) Complete Set and will be entered into a drawing for the Snap-on® EPIQ Roll Cab , valued at $13,365.00, (“Grand Prize”). Once a Participant’s entry is chosen, such Participant becomes a “Grand Prize Potential Winner”. The drawing for the Grand Prize will take place on November 4, 2017 at 12:00:00 PDT at the office of the Sponsor. The prizes are not redeemable for cash, not exchangeable, not transferable, and not refundable. The prizes must be accepted with no substitutions, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
8. RESTRICTIONS FOR ALL PRIZES: No prize substitution, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a Potential Winner is disqualified or cannot accept a prize as stated in its entirety for any reason, the prize will be forfeited and a new Potential Winner will be chosen in accordance with the Official Rules. Once the Potential Winner’s eligibility for a prize is verified and s/he has satisfied all of the conditions set out in these Official Rules, the prize will be awarded to that Potential Winner and s/he will become an “Official Winner”. All federal, state and local taxes, and export or import duties, and the like (as applicable) on any prize are the sole responsibility of the Official Winner. Each Official Winner agrees that Sponsor may withhold any tax, duty or other withholding that may be required by law, as determined by Sponsor. Should Official Winner’s country of residence be other than the United States, that winner agrees that Sponsor may withhold any tax or other withholding that may be required by law, as determined by the Sponsor. No more than the number of prizes set forth in the Official Rules will be awarded. Each Official Winner must provide a valid mailing address for his/her prize to be issued. Sponsor will mail prize-related information and/or tickets, which are part of the prize, to the Official Winners.
9. PRIZE CLAIMS / NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified by mail, telephone, overnight mail, email or in such other manner as determined by Sponsor on or by November 6, 2017. Potential winners will be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility (or certification as solely determined by Sponsor), a liability release, W-9 and, where lawful, a publicity release within seven (7) days of receipt of documents. Before a Canadian Potential Winner can become an Official Winner, such Potential Winner must correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical, skill-testing question to be administered by Sponsor. If documents are not returned timely, or if the prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if the potential winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules (in Sponsor’s sole discretion), prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected by drawing.
10. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: Except to the extent prohibited by law, by entering, Participants release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Las Vegas Convention Center, SEMA, its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, public relations, sweepstakes/Giveaway agencies, franchisees and all of their respective officers, employees, directors, representatives and agents (individually and collectively “Releasees”) from and against all liability, claims, actions, or proceedings, losses, injuries and damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise) to person(s), including death, and property, or violation of intellectual property rights or personal rights (such as, but not limited to, copyright, patent, trade name/trademark, and/or rights of privacy or publicity, or defamation, slander or libel, or portrayal in a false light), or breach or failure of any representation or warranty, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly to the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize, or participation in this Giveaway, or participation in any Giveaway-related activity.
11. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, by entering, each Participant grants permission for the use of his/her name and/or business name and/or photograph/likeness in any advertising or publicity carried out by Sponsor or its agents worldwide at any time or times in all media now known or hereafter discovered without any additional compensation, and without notice, review or approval, as solely determined by Sponsor; and each Participant warrants and represents that s/he has all right and authority to grant such permission.
12. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, illegible, incomplete, misdirected, postage due, separated or non-delivered email, entries or mail; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), email, Web site or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, or miscommunications, or failed computer, network, telephone, satellite, email or cable hardware, software or lines, or technical failure or programming failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or notification of winning, email or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such or similar information. Releasees are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway, and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of emails. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or operation of the Giveaway, to be acting in violation of the terms of the Official Rules or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and disqualify any Participant using such methods. If, for any reason, Giveaway is not capable of running as planned, as solely determined by Sponsor, by reason of unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Giveaway, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to determine the winners from entries received prior to action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor or its agents.
13. DISPUTE RESOLUTION/GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited, Participants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Giveaway shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by an action in the federal courts of the Eastern District of Wisconsin (or exclusively in Milwaukee County State Court, if the federal courts lack jurisdiction), except as otherwise expressly stated herein, and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Giveaway but in no event attorneys’ fees or disbursements; and (c) under no circumstances will Participants be permitted to obtain awards for and Participants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations as between Participants and the Releasees in connection with the Giveaway shall be interpreted by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Wisconsin including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s or jurisdiction’s laws.
14. LANGUAGES: In the event that these Official Rules, or any advertising, Giveaway, or other written, printed, or graphic material are presented in a language other than English and there is a discrepancy, inconsistency or interpretation issue between the English language version and any other language version of these Official Rules or of any materials, the English version shall prevail, govern and control. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
16. TRADEMARKS: SNAP-ON is a registered trademark of Snap-on Incorporated. Other marks are marks of their respective holders.
17. RULES REQUEST: For a copy of the Official Rules, send a written request with a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Snap-on Equipment, ATTN: SEMA Toolbox Drawing 2801 80th Street, Kenosha, WI 53143. Requests for Official Rules must be received by October 31, 2017. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
18. WINNER LIST: A list of the winners may be obtained by mailing a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Snap-on Equipment, ATTN: SEMA Toolbox Drawing 2801 80th Street, Kenosha, WI 53143. All requests for winner lists must be received by Sponsor after November 4, 2017. Vermont residents may omit return postage.